The Polish Nook
Neodymium Rare Earth Bar Magnet
Only 0 left in stock.
Small Flat Bar Magnet, 1-1/2"x1/4"x1/16" Strong pull great for magnetic nail polishes.
**Please note safety guidelines. These magnets are very strong and I have experienced them pull from across a table and break or be permanently stuck together!
Strong Neodymium magnets Grade N52 Some Safety Considerations
- Children should not be allowed to handle neodymium magnets especially at N52 Grade. Small magnets are a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.
- Individuals with pacemakers should not handle strong rare-earth magnets . Magnetic fields can affect the operation of these devices.
- The Rare-Earth Magnetics Association is not aware of any positive or negative health effects from handling rare-earth magnets. CMS Magnetics & Magnets For Sale recommends however that pregnant women not handle very strong rare-earth magnets.
- The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, & hearing aids.
- When handling magnets Rare-Earth magnetic products are very powerful and can accelerate a great speeds toward each other and ferrous material. You should always wear gloves and eye protection when handling strong rare-earth magnets.
- You should avoid having constant contact with magnets of any size and keep a distance of at least 3 feet to large magnets.
- Under no circumstances should you try to machine Neodymium magnets! These rare earth magnets will crack, shatter and create a flammable toxic dust. Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above (150 C).
- All of magnets are plated with a thin layer of nickel, nickel-copper-nickel or gold. This layer (in particular gold) can wear down in the normal use of the magnet over time.
- Any tool or toy, neodymium magnets can be fun and useful, but must always be treated with care.