Colores de Carol
Record Breaking (Magnetic)
Only 0 left in stock.
Record Breaking is an olive green to teal magnetic multichrome with Aurora shimmer (purple/copper/green) and UCC flakes (red/bronze/copper)
Magnet sold separately
Swatches by Colores de Carol
**Remember to use the neodymium magnet on wet polish to make color-shifting designs.**
1. Apply a base coat if you wish. Applying a base coat is not necessary and should not affect the outcome of the magnetic polish, but it may help to strengthen your nails, protect them from staining, and make the main polish last longer.
2. Use the magnetic nail polish to apply the first coat to each of your nails.
Don’t use the magnet at this time. The first coat simply helps even out the color so that you can perform the magnetization on the second coat.
Let the first coat dry before applying further polish.
3. Apply a thick second coat on one nail to begin. Apply more polish than you might on a typical coat, but don’t allow the polish to pool or drip on or off your nail.
It’s important to apply a thick coat that remains wet when you use the magnet, as it will create a more dramatic effect on the pattern of the polish.
4. Use the magnet immediately on the nail before painting the others. Simply hover over the nail and do not touch the magnet to the surface of the nail at all.
Keep both the finger of your painted nail and the hand holding the magnet as still as possible for this process. You will see that the magnet creates a pattern in the polish color, due to the iron shavings in the polish moving in the presence of a magnetic field.
5. The magnetic polish may take longer to dry than other nail polish, as you used a thicker second coat than you might normally. Wait twice as long as you would normally to apply a topcoat.